Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:51:53 +0200
From:      Oliver Schonefeld <oschonef@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        jlemon@flugsvamp.com, freebsd@hermans.ca
Subject:   Re: Compaq Smart 2/E Controller Support...

Hello,

Eines schoenen Tages schrieb Jonathan Lemon:

> Bug reports would be appreciated.  The EISA controllers should have
> been supported since around April 2000.

I own a Compaq SMART EISA (not 2/E!). The machine also has an Adaptec 2742
Board and Adpatec 1740. With disks on the SMART and the 2742 the kernel used
to panic, but i haven't tried a recent kernel.
There used to be some incompatabilities between the ahc and the ida driver,
i am not sure if these issues have been adressed, since the last update to
the eisa part of the ida driver has been log ago.
I will try the ida board next week again and will send some feedback.

Regards,
Oliver