Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:16:12 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bin/29966: cleanup of ppp server socket on unclean startup

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Crist J. Clark wrote:

[snip]

CJC> >  Or did I miss some serious changes with purgedir()?
CJC>
CJC> Right now, purgedir() looks like,
CJC>
CJC>   purgedir() {

	[snip]
CJC>   }
CJC>
CJC> Which sure looks like it should get _everything_ in /var/run, not just
CJC> '.pid' files. You listed 4.3-STABLE as your OS. Going to 4.3-RELEASE,
CJC> there are some cosmetic changes, but purgedir() has the same
CJC> functionality.
CJC>
CJC> Does your purgedir() not look like this?

oops. seems I miss something during mergemaster. Yes, now it should remove
anything which is not directory. So, my trouble gone away. The only thing
I suppose is useful according to this issue now is change ppp.conf both in
/etc/ppp and in examples to move example server sockets to /var/run.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]