Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:36:57 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: IRQ Problems with Stable

Warner,

  I'm about ready to throw in the towel now.  The buildworld compiled
properly, as did the kernel.  Then I dropped into single user mode to run the
installworld.  That seems to go okay, until...

===> secure/lib/libtelnet.so.2.0
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444   libtelnet.a /usr/lib
===> secure/lib/libcrypto
mkdir -p openssl
mkdir:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

  And that's where it stops.  I'm totally confused as to why that minor
change in psm.c would have any impact on creating a directory for openssl.  I
haven't been able to run cvsup due to the nic card being down, so this is all
the same stuff I had before.  Only thing that was different was the change to
psm.c.
  This machine doesn't have anything on it yet, so I may just go and wipe and
clean with a 4.3-RELEASE install.  I'll hold off on getting this drastic in
case you have something else you'd like me to try here.

  So what does one do to recover from a failed installworld anyway?

Later on,

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."