Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:46:21 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        Tim Liddelow <tim@ideasandassociates.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Contributing...

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 03:54:36PM -0700, Bill Huey wrote:
> I'm trying to build it now with native threading enable to see what blows up.
>
> yeah, libhpi.so during the green threads build is complaining now not having a
> whole bunch of pthreads symbols not linked correctly to it. This is silly since
> it doesn't use pthreads. The logic for this needs to be found and then fixed.

If you're trying to do this with the CVS source you need to do

make all

first to build the green threads version.  You can then build the native
threading version with

make HPIS=native

This is a side effect of how FreeBSD links in the threads library which I
couldn't see how to work around this easily.

> Oh boy, I just now realizing how much of the work I did since April is missing
> in the current tree. :-\  Let's see if I can fix that over the next few days. ;-)

Commit away :)

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Phone : (801) 765 1887