Date:      13 Sep 2001 10:03:56 -0700
From:      asami@clickarray.com (Satoshi Asami)
To:        Yukihiro Nakai <nakai@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bonobo

 * Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 01:51:54 +0900
 * From: Yukihiro Nakai <nakai@FreeBSD.org>

 * It works here. The problem is it works for some people and it fails for others.
 * It is not because of gettext and gettext-devel shares the same shared libraries
 * /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.1, is it?

I don't think so.  The bento environment is as "clean" as it gets,
since it starts from an empty /usr/local and /usr/X11R6 before it
populates them with dependencies using packages and builds a package.
So, unless you have both gettext and gettext-devel as the dependency
for bonobo or something, this shouldn't happen.

Has anyone tried compiling them using a chroot environment that's
totally empty except for system directories?

 * We don't need to set bonobo port broken, and we can just set --disable-nls
 * for bonobo configure, right?

The big problem is that the gnome suite, one of the "must have" for
sysinstall is not building because of bonobo.  Marking it broken
doesn't solve anything. :<

Do you guys think --disable-nls will help?  Just send me a patch, and
I can put it in the tree before the build actually starts.

Satoshi