Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:47:57 -0400
From:      Mark Woodson <mwoodson@bacxs.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Keeping an older driver

I've had problems with ATA drivers any newer than 4.0R.  Is there a way
that I can keep the older ATA code with -STABLE?

I dug through the archives, but for just about everyone, the problems
seemed to originate with 4.0 and 4.1 and went away 4.2+.  I don't need the
support for 66/100 chipsets, and the error messages weren't the same as
folks with the VIA + SoundBlaster, falling back to PIO4 made no
difference.  In any case, it runs solid on 4.0 and wasn't usable in 4.2-4.4RC3.

Can I do this or are there going to be incompatibilities with the rest of
the kernel?

-Mark