Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:18:03 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libutil login.conf.5 login_cap.c

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 09:48:40 -0700, Robert Watson wrote:
> rwatson     2001/09/16 09:48:40 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     lib/libutil          login.conf.5 login_cap.c
>   Log:
>   Disable per-user .login_conf support due to incorrect merging of local
>   and globaly settings.  An alternative implementation will be developed.
>
>   Reported by:	Przemyslaw Frasunek <venglin@freebsd.lublin.pl>

Please back it out. The bug reported not affects FreeBSD-current. We
already have alternative implementation in FreeBSD-current, so nothing
needs to be disabled here or developed. It seems you not test reported bug
in FreeBSD-current. Only "me" login class is picked from ~/.login_conf,
anything else like "default" or "standard" are ignored here. When "me"
class picked, it picked from user priveledges. And even when "me" class is
picked, it can't override "copyright" and "welcome"  properties, so we are
triple safe.

Proper move will be not disabling anything but MFC FreeBSD-current
login_cap implementation to other branches.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/