Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:08:30 +0200
From:      walter@belgers.com (Walter Belgers)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcmcia cdrom/irq sharing problem?

Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > My CDROM player was always correctly identified with my previous install
> > as NinjaATA on irq 3 (slot 0 on pccard0). After the upgrade, it is
> > recognised, but assigned irq 9 (which is not in pccard.conf) after which
> > the system hangs until the card is removed. This irq is (and was) shared
> > with fxp0, pcm0.
>
> I had a similar problem, though it was with my ed0-compatible
> pcmcia network card. At some point in the past pccardd stopped
> assigning correct IRQ to it, wich resulted in famous `ed0
> timeout' error. I've workarounded the problem by replacing `?'
> with real IRQ number in my pccard.conf, however I understand that
> it is only a temporarly solution.

I forgot to say: I tried that as well, to no avail, it still takes irq 9
instead of 3 which I put in pccard.conf (and yes, I did start pccardd
with the correct pccard.conf). Also using pccardd -i 3 did not work.

Regards,
Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter@belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"