Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:16:09 +0100
From:      "doc. dr. Marjan Mihelin, dipl. ing." <marjan.mihelin@kclj.si>
To:        if@sil.at, abial@webgiro.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jhs@jhs.muc.de
Subject:   Re: Fiskars UPS - solution!

Hi

> > We are using from 1993 Fiskars UPS 0.8 A UPS unit (Type UPS 1008A-
> > 10EU, PartNo: 10 02 891 Rev A1, SerNo: 119355 9345, Made in Finland)
> > and few days ago the Battery failure control light started blinking.
> > We replaced accus (5 pcs 12V 4Ah) and we charged them for 48 hours
> > but the control light is still blinking. Do you have any advice what
> > to do? Where it is possible to get the electrical plans of this
> > unit? I would be grateful for any help.
>
> try to measure the battery voltage and the load current.
> perhaps the batterys are low level decharged,,, (a 12v battery have
> less than 10V). the try to load it a while with a battery loader
> (perhaps a car-battery loader) and limit the current to 300ma.
>
> that should work..

Finally, we found the proper solution. Only the proper reset was
needed. Inside of the unit, close to the front panel there is an 8
position DIP switch. The uppermost switch should change the position
and then the reset button on the front panel should be pressed. The
unit reset is finalized by turning the unit off, then DIP switch
should be pressed into the initial position and when you switch the
unit on, everything is OK.
Thank you for all advises and best regards
Marjan

Assoc. Prof. Marjan Mihelin, Ph.D.
!!! AGAIN NEW TELEPHONE NUMBERS
University Medical Centre
University Institute of Clinical Neurophysiology
Ljubljana - SLOVENIA
tel: +386-1-543-1515, fax: +386-1-543-1533
E-mail: marjan.mihelin@kclj.si, marjan@mihelin.com