Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:02:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Trainor <ptrainor@title14.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 Pro Ultra SCSI BRKADRINT

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> The new driver should tell you the type of BRKADRINT.  That is
> critical to determining the problem.

	How does the driver tell me more, beyond the display? Is there
another log, or mode I can ask the driver to be in to be more verbose? If
I do not kill the proc, or reboot the server, the system will lock if left
in this condition for another 2-3 minutes.

> If I had to make a guess with the limited amount of info you've
> provided, I'd say that Linux or your BIOS has setup your chipset
> in some funky way that prevents the driver from controling the
> SCSI controller correctly.  What kind of machine is this?

Hmm.. I put the patch in for a stock 2.4.12 kernel, too.. The machine is:

- PII 233 AMI BIOS with the 2940 in a PCI slot
- The SDT-11000 is external with a terminator..
- VL-601 BIOS

Is there a particular configuration for the BIOS that I should ensure is
configured a certain way? SCSI SELECT is still configured the same (card
configuration)...?

Thanks for the reply!

pat
:)

WHERE IS ECHELON WHEN YOU REALLY NEED IT? http://www.echelonwatch.org
Echelon/Carnivore keywords: kill bomb president airline sabotage explosive
"While it's true winning isn't everything, LOSING IS NOTHING!" -Ed Bighead