Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 01:20:27 -0700
From:      Kevin D.Wooten <kwooten@home.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Framebuffer device under FreeBSD?

> i. Is it feasible to port Linux fbdev modules to FreeBSD (as a modules,
> again)?

I was under the impression that the subsystem is there ( /usr/src/sys/dev/fb
? ). Maybe not the specific accelerated drivers, but the basics look there.
I will say the video mode selection looks weak though, Linux does have a much
more flexible mode selection.

P.S. - I have been trying to get NVidia docs ( I have to sign an NDA ) to
build a GeForce3 framebuffer.