Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:40:09 +0100
From:      Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@fr.alcove.com>
To:        giffunip@asme.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Framebuffer device under FreeBSD?

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 09:16:00AM -0800, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> >> Framebuffer devices, etc...
>
> Actually this discussion is moot: there has been an
> important advance in porting KGI to FreeBSD.
>
> Check the developers list archives in
> http://kgi.sourceforge.net/
>
> For those lazy: it's not here yet, but FreeBSD 5.0 will
> have kick ass graphics!

Just to add this link (I have to update it with recent progress which is
described in the kgi ML archive):

http://people.freebsd.org/~nsouch/ggiport.html

Note that a Linuxfb emulation layer should not be too hard with KGI. Please
join the kgi ML, I immediatly ask the question there.

Nicholas

--
Alcôve Technical Manager - Nicolas.Souchu@fr.alcove.com - http://www.alcove.com
FreeBSD Developer - nsouch@freebsd.org