Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:46:00 +0300 (MSK)
From:      .@babolo.ru
To:        garyj@jennejohn.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of Tekram DC-395 drivers

Gary Jennejohn writes:
> On Saturday 10 November 2001 03:17, .@babolo.ru wrote:
> > There is a FreeBSD driver for Tekram DC-395 SCSI adapters:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.tekram.com/SCSI/3X5/FreeBSD/FreeBSD400/dc395x_trm.ta
> >r.gz
> >
> > There are such strings in it:
> > /*
> >*********** ** Imported into FreeBSD source repository, and
> > updated to compile under ** FreeBSD-3.0-DEVELOPMENT, by Stefan
> > Esser <se@FreeBSD.Org>, 1996-12-17
> >*********** */
> >
> > But I can't find anything in FreeBSD CVS repository
> > about it.
> >
> > Why?
>
> Interesting is that this driver is present in Linux. Don't know
> about FreeBSD, although I was using a Tekram 395 with the sym
> driver for a while.
I have DC-395UW and first step was just to replace
my Adaptec interface for DC-395UW and reboot
(from IDE).
My kernel has all this lines in config:
>strings /kernel | grep '^___' | sed -e 's|^___||'
# SCSI Controllers
device          ahb             # EISA AHA1742 family
device          ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
options         AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO
device          amd             # AMD 53C974 (Tekram DC-390(T))
device          isp             # Qlogic family
device          ncr             # NCR/Symbios Logic
device          sym             # NCR/Symbios Logic (newer chipsets)
options         SYM_SETUP_LP_PROBE_MAP=0x40
                                # Allow ncr to attach legacy NCR devices when
                                # both sym and ncr are configured
device          adv0    at isa?
device          adw
device          bt0     at isa?
device          aha0    at isa?
device          aic0    at isa?
device          ncv             # NCR 53C500
device          nsp             # Workbit Ninja SCSI-3
device          stg             # TMC 18C30/18C50
but SCSI does not recognised.
What is the magic to use DC-395UW with sym?

BTW, I do not found PCI signature of DC-395UW
in CVS at all. (Tekram ASIC TRM-S1040
Vendor_ID 0x1DE1, Device_ID 0x0391)

--
@BABOLO      http://links.ru/