Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:38:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, Jonathan Mini <mini@haikugeek.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: patch, please review/test: write support for loader(8)

On 21-Nov-01 Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Jonathan Mini <mini@haikugeek.com> sent me a variation of this
> patch, it implments write support for UFS partitions from loader.
>
> Please review/test:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/stand.diff

If bcache.c:write_strategy(), I wouldn't update the bcache with the new data
unless the call to dv_strategy() suceeded.  That is:

        err = dd->dv_strategy(...);

        if (err == 0)
                for (i = 0; i < nblk; i++)
                        bcache_insert(buf + (i * bcache_blksize), blk + i);

This may be part of my 4th ignorance, but why did you axe the
create_null_terminated_sring functoin in support.4th?

In bd_write(), why is the updating of 'p', 'dblk', and 'resid' #if 0'd. This
would seem to break writing to a file when it can't be done all at once.

In the 5th hunk of ufs.c, you don't free fp->f_buf if the block_map() fails.

Other than that it looks great. :)  Please fix those and I'll try to test it
out and get it committed.