Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 08:39:12 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "."@babolo.ru
To:        alane@geeksrus.net (Alan Eldridge)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: building as non-root

Alan Eldridge writes:
> Overall, thanks for the input. It's appreciated.
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 06:44:25AM +0300, "."@babolo.ru wrote:
> >/bin/ln -fs /tmp/babolo/usr/local/lib/pib/pib.tcl /tmp/babolo/usr/local/bin/pib
> >------------^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >===>   Generating temporary packing list
> >===>   Registering installation for pib-1.2
> >-------^^^^^^^^^^^
> >I do not know, what to do with "Operation not permitted" with
> >install whithout root privileges
> Debian's got a program called fakeroot that allows the install to think
> these sorts of things have gone ok. Should make a port if there isn't one
> already.
Good

> That 'registering' bit is really problematic though. I think there's a flag
> to turn it off, which you'd want if your only objective is to make a package.
registering must not be off with DESTDIR,
it mast be changed to register in ${DESTDIR}/var/db/pkg

> There's a target to make a package w/o installing, but I haven't had much
> success on that front.
Dinamically generated plists?

> >I'd like this functionality.
> >For another aims.
> >I do a lot of build/install for jails.
>
> Ahh, so you can do a 'make install' right into the jail.
As I wrote on another mail, compare
for i in /jail1 /jail1 ..... so on; do
   make install DESTDIR=$i
done
and tune every jail in such a way that it
can be used to build/install and detune it back

So I am interested and can help.
But I can't to push changes to commit
I don't know why I am usually frustrated in it.
May be my bad English cause it.

PS
Sorry, you read my mail and even reply for it.
So I am not in your black list.
Why your mail server bounce direct reply
from me to you back?

--
@BABOLO      http://links.ru/