Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:54:06 +1100
From:      "Tim J. Robbins" <tim@robbins.dropbear.id.au>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: options TCP_DROP_SYNFIN

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 10:34:32AM +0200, Paulius Bulotas wrote:

> Ok, so I should disable keep alive in Apache and enable SYN+FIN (disable
> option ;), then I'll get faster connects.?. but how many clients (OSes) use
> this rfc? None? or they should be enabled somehow?

There's no point changing these settings from the defaults on a web server.
Leaving HTTP keepalives enabled and T/TCP un-broken should be more efficient
than any other combination. I don't know of any clients other than FreeBSD
that have T/TCP support; to enable it, sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1644=1 .

Tim