Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:51:49 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ogle -u gui on current with XFree86-4.1.0_12

Quoting Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 06:14:43PM -0800, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> > > Ogle-8.2:
> > > When trying to play a dvd with ogle -u gui it always starts, accesses
> the
> > > deve and then stops at:
> > >
> > > xsniff_mouse
> > >
> > > I assume that it doesn't find the mouse but I can't find any error
> messages.
> > > Does this work for anyone?
Mario,

I really appreciate your help, although it isn't really critical.  The gui
is actually a luxury that many of us old unix guys seldom try nor actually
need.

On my laptop where I occasionally play dvd's and where I got the above error,
I am running current with a daily cvsup including ports and makeworld.  I run
portupgrade -R -r -i -a about once a week.  The versions that reflected the
above problem on yesterday's current (today's is the same, btw:-)

ogle-0.8.2              ogle-gnome-0.8.2_1
XFree86-4.1.0_12                XFree86-libraries-4.1.0_1

I added a few links to /dev to see if that might help but no success

Thanks again,

ed

> 	This is an outstanding issue with ogle. However, this has been fixed
> in the FreeBSD ports since version 0.7.5. Moreover, the developers have
> been very helpful merging the patches to their distribution.
> 	For instance, I am running ogle 0.8.2 in my system without a problem.
>
> FreeBSD exxodus.here.here 4.5-RC FreeBSD 4.5-RC #4: Thu Jan 17 17:35:42 BRST
> 2002
> root@exxodus.fedaykin.here:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIOUX  i386
>
> XFree86-4.1.0_11
>
> 	Could you please cvsup update to the latest FreeBSD tree and make sure
> that you deleted all ogle ports?
> 	Then, reinstall. Let me know if you still have any problems.
>
> > > ogle -u cli works fine as does mplayer-0.60.1 but also without -gui.
> With
> > > mplayer the -gui just seems to be ignored.  I guess that gui's just don't
>
> > > like me.
> >
> > With 'mplayer', you need to install some skins before you can use the GUI.
>
> > There's even been a port added recently to install some (one had to
> manually
> > install them before).
>
> 	With mplayer, now that we have a skin port, one need only build mplayer
> with
>
> % make WITH_GUI=yes
>
> this will install skins and mplayer with gui support. I still have issue
> with
> mplayer gui (e.g., it only stays at right bottom corner) but it looks
> sweet. :)
>
> 	Regards,
>
> --
> Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
> Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer
> flames to beloved devnull@someotherworldbeloworabove.org
> feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature

---