Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:59:39 -0500
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@terrandev.com>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, andy@CRWdog.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Modem on Thinkpad 600?

Andy Sparrow wrote:
> No, it's an IBM MWave, I've got an ISDN variant, & they used 'em for sound
> cards too. From /usr/ports/comms/mwavem/pkg-descr:
>
> This port includes a loadable kernel module and a user executable to
> allow FreeBSD to use the DSP modem in IBM ThinkPad 600 and 700 series
> laptop computers.

Thanks guys. That port did the trick. It's not quite stable though. Sometimes it
hangs the boot process and it seems that the phone line needs to be plugged in
for  sio to come up as a 16550A, otherwise its an 8250. The pkg-message and
Makefile need a little updating too, I'm think about doing a send-pr for those.
Other than that it works great.