Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:54:16 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.cc>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@eos.ocn.ne.jp>
Cc:        murray@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security advisories and XML

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 04:35:11AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
>  Hmm..  I am using the attatched XML DTD and XSLT stylesheet
>  for Japanese translation of SAs.  This is based on DocBook XML
>  and uses docbook-xsl.
>
>  If this is suitable for the purpose, could someone review this?
>  I am not familiar with XML+XSLT processing very much.

This looks good, but it misses the mark a bit in that it is very
document-oriented.  Something that is more structure-oriented (but
still document friendly!) is needed. e.g., component names and
versions must be clearly identified (for searching and subscription
processing), advisory revisions must be dealt with, and the revisions
must be logically grouped by branch and issue, so that they may be
used to generate a patchfile (this is possibly the hardest part, and
perhaps too much for a first cut).

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                     http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME           .      FreeBSD UNIX      .        Heimdal Kerberos