Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:20:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        Elliott Perrin <eperrin@beanfield.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpd PPTP and NAT

Elliott Perrin writes:
> that is exactly what I am seeing, the clients are behind this stupid
> little GVC IP0008 machine, and I am using your mpd software for the pptp
> server. I know about the "BUG" in libalias.
>
> Is this part of the PPTP spec, that only one TCP control connection can be
> open to an IP, or is it a purely libalias thing.

Yes it is part of the PPTP spec.. however, I've seen servers
that ignore the spec and accept multiple connections from a
single remote source. Mpd should probably do the same thing
when configured for 'server only' mode.. hmm, maybe I'll look
into that (will send you a patch if/when).

By the way, in L2TP they fixed this problem -- multiple connections
are allowed if you want.

Cheers,
-Archie