Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:57:32 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@FreeBSD.ORG>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/astro Makefile ports/audio Makefile ports/converters Makefile ports/deskutils Makefile ports/devel Makefile ports/emulators Makefile ports/ftp Makefile ports/games Makefile ports/graphics Makefile ports/japanese Makefile ...

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 12:58:18PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> If it's a support nightmare for _you_ then you should have handed off
> maintainership to someone else instead of removing other people's
> working ports with no discussion.

This doesn't take into account the fact that Qt1 still interacts
with newer versions of Qt.  It's a nightmare to try to fix this
problem correctly, and would be even more so with somebody else
maintaining the port.  Easiest solution is just to get rid of it.
People can still install it from source if they so desire.

> Could you point me to your message of 9 months ago where you announced
> your intentions to do this?

Nobody expressed any interest in maintaining the port since then.
It is a waste of time regardless of who is maintaining it, and
especially so if the maintainer is ports@freebsd.org.

Regards,
--
wca