Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 22:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, <knu@iDaemons.org>
Subject:   Re: x11/xscreensaver's pkg-plist more clean

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:

> Dear Doug Barton.
>
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:53:35 -0700 (PDT)
> Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > 	The webcollage-helper thing I'm a little confused about though...
> > I don't have that on my system. Did you modify the port in some other way
> > before you did the install?
>
> 	Sorry. webcollage-helper is not installed with no condition.
> 	If you have gdk-pixbuf and jpeg, xscreensaver is implicit depending
> 	to gdk-pixbuf and jpeg. So xscreensaver install webcollage-helper
> 	to ${PREFIX}/bin/xscreensaver-hacks/.

	Well, that's good news anyway.

> 	Please check my patch.

	I'm not going to include this at this time. The problem is,
xscreensaver _can_ use many many things in the ports tree for extra hacks,
so it's hard to know where to draw the line. What I'm thinking about at
this point is a WITH_EXTRAS knob that will throw in a bunch of stuff like
this. I'll keep your patch on hand for such an occasion.

Thanks.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?