Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 22:56:35 -0700
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: acpi cpu throtlling

> my toshiba portege 3480 with a recent -current is unwilling to do cpu
> throttling with acpi. acpidump shows:
>
>         DUTY_OFFSET=1, DUTY_WIDTH=0
>
> is there any way to alter this? I actually saw acpidump of the same
> model in the archive with duty_width=3

Sorry, no.  CPU throttling is not really the best solution to the
saving-power problem; you want to run fast and then turn everything off
rather than limping along with all these peripheral devices guzzling
power.

 = Mike

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not