Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 13:27:05 +0900 (KST)
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.org>
To:        cgriffiths@mutara.net
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vaio Jogdial and X

I have the following in my /etc/rc.local:

moused -t jogdial -p /dev/jogdial

And XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "Buttons" "5"
    Option "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"
EndSection

Try to remove -z option.

From: Chris Griffiths <cgriffiths@mutara.net>
Subject: Vaio Jogdial and X
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 00:02:02 -0400

cgriffiths> Hello,
cgriffiths>
cgriffiths> I am currently running 4.5-stable cvsuped a week ago on a sony vaio z505je
cgriffiths> that I have enabled the jogdial spic driver in my kernel.  I am trying to
cgriffiths> get moused working so that the jogdial will act like a wheel and I can scroll
cgriffiths> up and down in let's say a mozilla window in X.  I have looked throughout
cgriffiths> the mailing list archives and have only found the following:
cgriffiths>
cgriffiths> moused -t jogdial -p /dev/jogdial -z 4
cgriffiths>
cgriffiths> unfortunatly this only makes the jogdial behave like a left mouse click.
cgriffiths> Can the jogdial behave like a wheel on a mouse and scroll?  I have tried
cgriffiths> several combinations of the -z format and it just seems to mimic the
cgriffiths> mouse clicks of right, left, and middle.
cgriffiths>
cgriffiths> Please let me know if you have any idea on how to get this operational.
cgriffiths>
cgriffiths> Thanks
cgriffiths>
cgriffiths> Chris
cgriffiths>
cgriffiths> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
cgriffiths> with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message