Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 22:18:11 +0100
From:      Jean-Mark <jeanmark@dupx.freeserve.co.uk>
To:        martin <mymarrandy@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Tom Beer <mailings@analogon.com>, newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: economic low power consumption computer

> But that doesn`t help as I need a manufacturer and model number to search on.
>

>   Jean-Mark <jeanmark@dupx.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>        > www.ebay.com ?
>
>        True, I still do most of my shopping there

Hello again Martin,

I think you must have missed my original post to search Google.com for
"industrial PC" or "panel PC" (include the quotes) - that should give
you a list of special design PC's, often with special power
requirements, resistance to dust or corrosive chemicals, or special
low-noise operation and so on.

The results you get there would make most sense if you plan to buy new
equipment, otherwise a basic pentium system from ebay with 2 NIC's might
cover what you're looking for, if you look for the most slimline design
you can find

jeanmark
jeanm@dupx.freeserve.co.uk