Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 12:36:40 +0100
From:      Robert bobb Crosbie <bobb+freebsd-isp@redbrick.dcu.ie>
To:        "Michael R. Wayne" <wayne@staff.msen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Jail and Amanda

Michael R. Wayne hath declared on Wednesday the 29 day of May 2002  :-:

> % man jail
>
> suggests killing portmapper on the host IP.  But amanda wants
> portmapper to run.  So, assuming one wants to back up using the
> host's IP address (thus getting all filesysems including the
> jails), how does one reconcile this?

You could bind portmap to the host's IP address,
portmap -h 1.2.3.4     (portmap_flags="-h 1.2.3.4" in rc.conf)

I havn't used amanda in quite a while, but I never thought it
needed portmap to work, as its something I would always turn off.

- bobb