Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:35:56 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Pete Fritchman <petef@absolutbsd.org>, Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>, portmgr@freebsd.org, cvs-committers@freebsd.org, cvs-all@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.port.mk

* Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org> escriurères

> > * Pete Fritchman <petef@absolutbsd.org> escriurères
> > > The addition of sed -i came when perl was removed.
> >
> > Wasn't it before?  I forget now, it was ages ago in my mind.
> >
> > Anyway, it's on my list of things to MFC, but it was controversial when it was
> > on the tip of my mind, and I had trivial stuff I was having trouble getting to
> > the RELENG_4 branch during the freeze, so I decided I'd wait for the free for
> > all.  I'd like to see ports move over to using it once it's been MFC'd for a
> > while...
>
> It was actually fortunate that it didn't go into 4.6 because I've just
> found and hopefully fixed one serious -i misbehaviour and one potential
> problem in sed(1). See commit logs for details.

I went to great lengths to get review of my -i patches, including taking a
good deal of abuse for parts of them.  I would have loved to have seen you
try to get some review too, since you say "hopefully fixed" and therefore
don't sound too sure of it.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>                  FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Perception is prejudice / Don't classify me / Accept me as me / Not what you see