Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:58:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: crash debugs, etc., possible on a freebsd vmware guest ?

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Patrick Thomas wrote:

> thank you for this useful information - I will probably be trying this
> tonight.
>
> Totally unrelated - has anyone gotten the FreeBSD version of vmware
> running on Darwin on a powerPC ?  If not, comments on the current
> viability of such a setup ?

vmware relies on the fact that teh i386 can "partly" virtualise a PC..
it does the rest (what the hardware can not do) by software.

the power PC can not do i386 instructions so it's a dead-end unless
you were to write it from scratch to emulate a virtual Power PC.

there are a couple of PC emulators on the MAC Including one free one.