Date:      Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:35:04 +0900
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: suidperl

At Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:50:09 +1000,
Tim Robbins wrote:
> In any case, the way /usr/bin/perl relies on PATH to find the interpreter
> is unsafe to a lesser degree even with the suid bit turned off.

Indeed.  We must add the same check that the real suidperl has to the
wrapper.

By the way, do we really need a perl wrapper in the first place? I
suppose we can tweak ports/lang/perl5 to create symlinks (for example)
when NO_PERL_SYMLINKS is not defined.

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find
              When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind.."