Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:52:22 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cron <www@www> /usr/local/www/bin/get-stable-manpages

wosch> I still have problems accessing the ftp server
wosch> snapshots.jp.freebsd.org. It took more than 60 seconds to login
wosch> or I got timeouts.

wosch> Do you have DNS problems?

I believe it is not.  How it is going if you manually by ftp(1)?

snapshots.jp.FreeBSD.org has small number of max ftp connection limit
(due to the bandwidth limitation of our network donated).  If a new
connection exceeds the limit, the connection is shutting down
immediately.  However, some clients still waiting for a response from
the server.

The limitation is annoying for users I know, and I'm going to solve
this unwanted situation (read: seeking a new location for the server.)

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita