Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:29:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael Sharp" <freebsd@ec.rr.com>
To:        <pde@rfc822.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SSDP?

No, only boxes I have behind the router is 2 fbsd boxes. I sent a email
to the ep.net admin earlier, as this is continuing, and this was his
reply:

You've got a multicast application using an unregistered
multicast address <239.255.255.250> talking to a private
network address <192,168.1.x> You are asking me this question because
we run the DNS servers for the multicast address space.

Check with your software vendors and ask them to register
the application that uses a unique multicast address with
the IANA and we'll note in in the zone files so others can
track this information.

The only services I have running are SMTP, BIND, and httpd, and the
only application I had running was ethereal.  So, I'm at a lost.

michael