Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/37889: kernel panic when writing to a FAT32 partition

--- "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk> wrote:
> From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
> Subject: Re: kern/37889: kernel panic when writing to a FAT32 partition
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:24:00 +0200

Hello Simon.

>  I have the same problem where it crashes at msdosfs_fat.c:353.

OK.  Could you please provide us with your line 353 and the 5 lines before
and after it.  This could help me in finding the code.  Also, could you
please tell me what your FreeBSD OS version is, better yet, provide us
with your ``uname -a'' output.

>  Sometimes the problem goes away after I have used the partion from
>  Windows 2000. Then I can write to the partion from FreeBSD without
>  problems and then later after i have used the partion from Windows 2000
>  again the problems comes back and i get FreeBSD kernel panics.

Strangely, this problem has not been noticed in the developent (-current)
version of FreeBSD, so it could be that this problem was solved over time,
and someone actually forgot to merge the delta (correction) into the
-stable version of FreeBSD.

  -- Hiten