Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:29:48 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.org>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/databases/postgresql7 Makefile

On (2002/08/25 21:34), Trevor Johnson wrote:

> > Wouldn't it be a better idea to update the port to 7.2.2 instead of
> > forbidding 7.2.1?
>
> Of course, but there were extensive changes between 7.2.1 and 7.2.2:
>
> 	895 files changed, 1266 insertions(+), 155653 deletions(-)

Not necessarily, according to the PostgreSQL-released advisory.  There
may have been many changes to the source, but their impact is not
believed to be extensive.

Anyway, the vulnerabilities are a bit of a joke; they allow folks
with authority to talk directly to the database to elevate privelege
all the way up to that of the pgsql user.  The guy who posted the
vulnerabilities quite obviously has ill feelings toward PostgreSQL.

I'm not saying you've done anything wrong.  Just giving you a bit more
background.

Ciao,
Sheldon.