Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:43:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mckay@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dc(4) patch

On 19-Sep-2002 Vincent Poy wrote:
>       I think the first card is a LinkSys PCMP200 and not the PCMP100
> since the 100 is a 16bit PCMCIA and runs as a ed1 adapter in 4.6.2-RELEASE
> but doesn't get recognized at all under -current.  I've tried both the
> LinkSys PCMP200 v2.0/PCMPC200 v2.0 and the NetGear FA511 Cardbus NICs but
> they don't get recognize under -current either.  The SpeedStream SS1012
> card is identical to the SMC Networks SMC8036TX card which is $US10
> cheaper and comes with a lifetime warranty versus the SpeedStream 1 year
> warranty.  However, I noticed that using either the SS1012 or the
> SMC8036TX which I am doing now is that there seems to be a lot of errors.

Yes, it is a 200, actually, it is a PCMPC200 version 2.  (The version number
is down by the serial number though, not by the model number).  I'm not
really able to tell if I'm getting lots of errors with the SS card, but
I prefer it to the LinkSys card since the SS card doesn't have a dongle
and the dongle for the LinkSys card has a short in it. :)

The only other cardbus NIC I have is a D-Link DFE-690TXD which uses a RealTek
chip.  It doesn't use a dongle, but it does periodically lock up the system.
Ejecting the card unfreezes the system and I can insert it again, re-DHCP
and everything is ok.  A bit annoying though. :)