Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:29:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dru <dlavigne6@cogeco.ca>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ganesh Swami <ganesh@rapidtech.bc.ca>, <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: live CD?

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Nik Clayton wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 10:08:24PM -0800, Ganesh Swami wrote:
> > Dru wanted us to know:
> >
> > > Has anyone seen the live Linux demo CD yet?
> > >
> > > http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
> > >
> > > How feasible would it be to make one of these for FreeBSD? It's a great
> > > idea to be able to demo something without installing, for those who aren't
> > > sure if they're ready to take the plunge...
> >
> > This would be kick-ass. Lots of people dont really want to nuke their
> > exisiting stuff.
>
>     http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/livecd
>
> Should tell you everything you need to know.

Great. I'll take a close look and try it out myself when my schedule
loosens up over Xmas. If it's any good, I'll definitely do an article.

Has anybody tried these CDs out yet? Are we making and giving out these
CDs at BSD trade shows and such? Do we have a centralized distribution
system for such give aways?

Dru