Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:28:09 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        John Angelmo <john@veidit.net>, riggs@rrr.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mplayer-0.90.0.10

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:54:57PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> Any idea when the CVS Quicktime support will be released? I just tried
> this today, it works beautifully using a source-compiled mplayer but I don't
> want to run a CVS version on my machines just yet.

	Not sure. They usually issue releases when they have
a sure feature. They are probably hoping to get a lot of
stress testing on the CVS code before releasing but I think
they will consider XMAS to a significant enough date. We should
get a release before New Year's Eve! :)
	Bear in mind that it's just a guesstimate. I have
no relation with mplayer project. Besides, they have been
doing such a good job that we should give them time to feel
confident about releasing.

> Finally Sorenson video support!

	No more vids we can't play under Unix! :) One player to
bide them all!

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer