Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:18:37 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Kurt Werle <kwerle@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Native JDK?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:06:53PM -0800, Kurt Werle wrote:
> Much as I dislike SUN, I gotta think they're not the only issue here.

Na, Sun's cool, a bit irrelevant, they're client side stuff sucks,
but they're still doing pretty snazzy things.

> That sounds like it's almost really exciting.  I was really excited back
> pre-4.5 when that announcement was made, but now I'm just feeling
> dubiously hopeful (tm).

It's definitely something that's been brewing for a long time and we
recently got some private help from some folks. They'll be credited for
doing the work and hopefully, we can then administratively deal with
what's left and then start shipping some kind of binary.

> What happens next, and when can we expect it to happen?  Oh, and when was
> "last I heard"?

Ask Greg, as a busy as he is, he should have more answers than me.

I'm not sure what's going to happen since the entire development group
is in hybernation at this time it seems.

(cough) Muuust dooo kerrrnel work...

bill