Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 04:38:43 +0200
From:      "Atte Peltomaki" <atte.peltomaki@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Performance problems with 5.0-RELEASE

> > If it's long enough to pause the console noticibly, the next
> > thing to try is breaking to the debugger -- which might require
> > an NMI card -- to see what code it's stuck in during the pause.
>
> It's noticeable - if you type under heavy load in console, you
> experience similar to ssh lag - you can't see what you type, but it
> appears a second later to the screen.

Just as an update: I've been listening to quite a lot of techno/trance
music lately, and it scares me - every now and then xmms loses the beat
when playing, even if there was absolutely no other load. The pause is
so quick you can't really notice it elsewhere, but it's definetely
there.

Continuing investigations.

Atte Peltomäki
http://kameli.org