Date:      27 Jan 2003 10:10:34 -0900
From:      Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
To:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: configuring AsanteGigianix1000TA

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 04:10, Toomas Aas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I think I figured out my problem, I have an onboard ethernet port10/100
> > sis0 and when I placed the Giganix card in it uses the name nge0. Is the
> > problem that both devices are using a '0'(e.g. sis0 nge0)?
>
> No, this is not the problem.
>
> I don't know why sysinstall won't configure the card, but maybe you can
> try it from command line:
>
> ifconfig nge0 inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0
>
> (of course, use the correct ip address and netmask for your network).
>
> If something is wrong, it will at least give you an error message. If
> the address 'sticks', then append the following line to /etc/rc.conf:
>
> ifconfig_nge0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0"
>
> This will make sure the address remains after reboot.
> --
> Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
> * ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!

I've tried to do both of those examples and it still will not hold the
IP. I do have the correct driver installed if I copied the line from
LINT for my NIC to my custom kernel then rebuilt it, correct? It also
does not give me an error it just acts as if everything worked. Has
anyone else run into this?

Jon