Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:40:36 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xvidtune question

--n2Pv11Ogg/Ox8ay5

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 05:04:18PM +0200, Ian Barnes wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> If this is off topic please excuse me.
>=20
> I am running BSD 5.0 Release. With XFree86 4.2.0. I am using KDE 3.0x as =
my
> WM. Now all is set up and working fine. I use xvidtune to move the screen=
 to=20
> the left, that all works fine. The problem, is that it doesnt save what i=
=20
> have done, and i have to re-run xvidtune every time i start X. Is there a=
ny=20
> reason why it isnt saving ? If my memory serves me correct, it should sav=
e=20
> your settings.=20
>=20
> I hope someone can provide some light on this for me.
>=20
> Regards
> Ian Barnes

xvidtune only alters the running config, if you tell it to with the
"Auto" or "Apply" button.  Once you have adjusted your screen
satisfactorily, click the "Show" button.  This will print the current
ModeLine entry to the terminal from which you started xvidtune.  You
then need to place this data in the Monitor section of your XF86Config
file and then restart X.  Take a look at `man XF86Config` for more info
on the Mode and ModeLine directive.=20

Nathan

--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc

--n2Pv11Ogg/Ox8ay5

--n2Pv11Ogg/Ox8ay5--