Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:47:33 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, dhenin@cyclopes.org, jit@wanadoo.fr
Subject:   Re: CALL FOR TESTERS - ffmpeg TV formats

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:26:07 -0800
Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net> wrote:

NE> A 1-minute test looked good, using the most recent grab_bsdbktr.c
NE> applied to ffmpeg-0.4.6_2.  I'll run longer tests this weekend.

	Great! Thanks - that's enough to be sure that I didn't break
it while enabling SECAM and all the PAL and NTSC variants.

NE> Do you have any interest in adding the ability to set the tuner's
NE> channel/ frequency in addition to selecting the input, norm, etc?

	I'd like to have input, norm and frequency runtime settable
but that would mean fiddling with the ffmpeg command line (which should
happen in ffmpeg not the port IMHO) or making it sensitive to environment
variables (which is possible but ugly). These two unpalatable alternatives
are why bsd_tvtune got written.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun