Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:39:15 -0800
From:      Sam Tannous <stannous@employees.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Subject:   Re: Netgear MA301 wireless adapter problems (in current and stable)

Of course, when I plug in an MA401, everything
works fine...silly me...I thought this was some sort
of generic PCMCIA <-> PCI bridge that would work with
other wireless cards....:-(

(one other security issue related)...
From what I've read, there's really no way to keep
another wireless card from associating with your
access point, correct?  Does this matter?  If the
payload is encrypted (IPSEC) and the access point (hostap)
firewall (desktop freebsd box) only allows esp and isakmp
traffic in and out on that wireless interface, then
it should be fine, correct?   Do I also need a firewall
on the laptop (for esp and isakmp traffic) or is there no way to
associate with the laptop and get traffic *through* it?

--Sam