Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:48:57 -0600
From:      David Leimbach <leimy2k@mac.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        Rossam Souza Silva <rss@cin.ufpe.br>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP over IEEE1394?

> The interconnect is just 10% of the whole cluster story. Firewire
> is one possibility, but Fibrechannel you could do today if you wanted
> to. We have Fibrechannel support in the Qlogic isp(4) driver (thanks
> Matt!) today.

Yeah... if you are lucky 10% :).  In fact latency in messages isn't as
important
as some people would like you to believe either.  A well written MPI
library
  [and MPI application] allows overlap of communication and computation
that improves the overall wall clock time of the job... which is the
ultimate goal.

Get it done correctly and get it done ASAP! :)

but that's WAAAAY offtopic now :)

Dave