Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 00:54:09 +0000
From:      Robin.Melville@nadt.org.uk
To:        Eric L Howard <elh@outreachnetworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "leak" in softupdates?

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 08:29  pm, Eric L Howard wrote:

> At a certain time, now past [Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 03:19:49PM -0400],
> Marc G. Fournier spake thusly:
>> [...] Bugs do get fixed in the release branch, just depends on the
>> severity.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html
>
> That said...
>
> My case [I've had wonderful success running the release branch] is no
> weightier than yours [you've had wonderful success running -STABLE].
> Too
> many details left out...

Yes, me too. Not huge numbers of jails/terabyte file systems, etc...
but crunching a large department with biggish clinical databases,
intranet, windows/mac networking/printing, email, network glue etc,
etc... on a couple of 586 class servers with uptimes of over 365 days
and excellent response times throughout the entire period. I really
don't have any complaints about the stability of FreeBSD-STABLE.

Robin Melville
Addiction Information
Nottingham Alcohol & Drug Team