Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:33:19 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ulink elements and URL duplication in the docs

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On 2003-03-22 14:46, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>If memory serves me right, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>
>> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~keramida/diff/_03.ulink.patch
>> Do you all think it's ok to make the changes of that diff?
>
> Hmmm.  I only perused the diff, but this looks pretty good to me.
> Could you do a quick check to see if our print stylesheets generate
> sane output as well?  (I think they do, but just to be sure...)

It should be exactly the same.  This is the reason from freebsd.dsl.

        (element ulink
          (make sequence
            (if (node-list-empty? (children (current-node)))
              (literal (fix-url (attribute-string (normalize "url"))))
              (make sequence ...))))

If there is no content in <ulink></ulink> the URL attribute is used.

A quick look at a few of the affected files built with and without the
change seems to look alright here.  I only looked HTML output, so if
someone wants to test this with PDF or other formats, please feel free.
I'll wait until after 4.8-RELEASE anyway, so we have time.

>> If yes, is it ok to do it now, or should I just wait for a date after
>> 4.8-RELEASE to avoid making large changes at this point in time?
>
> I tagged the doc/ tree a couple days ago...I think at this point it'd
> probably be better to wait.  It'll probably just be a few more days.

Ok.  I can do it later.  This is mainly why I Cc:'ed re :-)

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--