Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:15:27 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD logo...

On 2003-04-17 00:42, Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org> wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Terry Lambert wrote:
>> So, basically, Job's been charged, and he's put on trial over
>> the charges, then acquitted.  Sounds like God's "Attorney General"
>> to me...
>
> Maybe I'm being too literal, but "The President's Attorney General" is
> appointed by the president, to do the president's bidding. In Job, Satan
> is acting on his own behalf, with the same kind of "lawsuit" that you'd
> hear on an elementary school playground. :)  "Yeah, I'm bad, but HE is
> worse."

If you accept the fact that Satan is a creation of God, a lesser being,
an entity spiritual, disembodied and supernatural, and the fact that God
is all-knowing, both for future and past, has planned it all right from
the start up to the final day of the judgement, then it's logical to say
that Satan can not and has never done *anything* that God hasn't foreseen
and carefully planned all along.  Then, Satan, in a way, only does the
president's bidding and always helps the advancement of God's One True
Plan for all beings and the Creation.

Now, if you don't accept and hold the original axioms as true, then this
is an entirely different thing, which I'm neither fit to discuss or very
interested to waste everyone's bandwidth about either.

- Giorgos