Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:53:14 -0500
From:      parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cut'n'paste w/ Java graphical apps in XFree86

in message <20030726092932.GD17642@starjuice.net>,
wrote Sheldon Hearn thusly...

> On (2003/07/26 04:57), parv wrote:
>
> > (XFree86 mentioned)
> >
> > > At the moment, I use clumsy old xclipboard as a middle-man to
> > > broker these cut'n'pastes.
> > >
> > > Is there a better trick for merging these two cut'n'paste buffers?
> >
> > Did you try xclip & wmcliphist?
>
> Well xclip seems to deal with only the XA_PRIMARY, XA_SECONDARY or
> XA_CLIPBOARD selections, none of which can "see" the clipboard used by
> AWT/Swing.
>
> And wmcliphist just looks like a GUI cliboard manager with access to the
> same resources.  It's just a pretty xclipboard. :-)

Quite old thread, i don't know if it will help OP or not...

I just found out that using javax.swing.JTextArea does not allow me
to copy the text (in X; BTW xclip Just Works) but java.awt.TextArea
does.  Reason seems to be explained quite well here...

  http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Wger7.16046%24vq.3236736%40typhoon.ne.mediaone.net

  - Parv