Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:43:45 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error(?) in contributing to freebsd article

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:55:19AM +0200, Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> hi!
>=20
> this sentence is taken from the "contribute to freebsd article".
> i was wondering whether this sentence is correct concerning the time
> values used in there:
>=20
> ---
> If you do not receive confirmation in a timely fashion (3 days to a
> week, depending on your email connection) or are, for some reason,
> unable to use the  send-pr(1)  command, then you may ask someone to file
> it for you by sending mail to the FreeBSD problem reports mailing list.
> ---
> why should it take GNATS to respond in more than 1 hour? i would have
> said that a maximum value of 1 day is more suitable than 1 week!
> more time for a respond will clearly determine an error - i dont think
> that it is necessary to wait one whole week. i remember all my PR (about
> 50) to have been replied by gnats in a maximum of 5 minutes.
>=20
> tell me what you think of it

Very often, PRs aren't filled in correctly, and they get put into the
pending category.  Gnats doesn't send a response when this happens.
I try and clean out the misfiled PRs at least once a week, and other
committers occasionally do the same,and the three days gives us a chance
to do so.

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm--