Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:14:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rumour Mill on FreeBSD Death Still ....

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, twig les wrote:

> > I wouldn't say that Windows Server/Workstation are "rigidly
> > separated" in the least bit.
>
> Good point, I should have clarified that I was talking more about
> the naming/advertising/sales strategies than the technical merits.
> The simple way MS labeled one cd a workstation and one a server.

Indeed.  If nothing else, that just goes to show how such a
classification works in the mind of the average person.  The technical
differences (if any) don't make a lick of a difference, it is all
about the brainwa... err, marketing.

Hmm... I think I'll take the "server" bit out of my sig, too. :-)

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?