Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:22:52 -0500
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Lee Harr <missive@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two package questions

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:57:24PM +0000, Lee Harr wrote:
> How can I have a package p installed that depends on package
> x but when I create p.tgz and x.tgz packages (using
> package_create -b) there are still dependencies missing
> (like the wrong version of a shared lib) Is that a bug to
> report? Or have I done something wrong with portupgrade?

Kris addressed the rest of your questions, so I'll make a stab at just
this part.

I think what you want to do is create packages for all of the
dependencies of this particular package you care about, p.tgz.  You can
do this by doing a "make package-recursive" when building the original
port, or you can use "portupgrade -rp" (or -frp) to have that tool
build all of the packages which depend on the particular package you
care about.

This will generate pkg tarballs under /usr/ports/packages/All (and
various symlinks), which you can then copy or fileshare to another
machine.  Use portupgrade's -PP option to when installing, which should
satisfy missing dependencies.

If this doesn't help, please show us what you're trying to do and what
the error messages are.  :-)

--
-Chuck